Powerful Opportunities for Women Eager and Ready for
Science, Engineering, and Technology
POWER SET is a unique program for high school girls that provides the tools, academic support, and mentoring needed to pursue educational and career opportunities related to STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).
Who can join POWER SET?
To be eligible for POWER SET membership, students must meet the following guidelines:
- 11th or 12th grade at Boling High School
- Exceptional citizenship and character
- Students with a 3.5 unweighted GPA (each semester) must have
- Masters Grade Level on STAAR math and/or biology
- Enrolled in two Dual Credit, AP, Pre AP, or Advanced classes each semester OR
- Students with a 3.7 unweighted GPA (each semester)
- Meets Grade Level on STAAR math and/or biology
- Enrolled in two Dual Credit, AP, Pre AP, or Advanced classes each semester
What do POWER SET members do?
POWER SET members get more than just academic support and career guidance. They also get information about college scholarship opportunities, and learn from noted speakers from industry and academia. Women professionals from NPI partner industries provide mentoring to POWER SET members, who in turn, mentor younger students in their school or community. NPI and school sponsors arrange visits to college and university campuses and NPI partner industries. Members assist with local community service and community development events, which gives them practical experience in working with others.